Friday, July 18, 2008

Here Come the Weekend

Instead of "here comes the sun...." I am singing "here come the weekend and I say.." I'm sad. My daddy goes home tomorrow---Mom is picking him up around 10:30 :<[




It has been such a blessing and a joy to have him here this week. He and I really are two peas in a pod and I will proudly say that I am a Daddy's girl. Every night when I got home from work, he had my house straightened up and a big glass of tea waiting for me. He made sure that Jeff's mom had whatever she needed and he helped Jeff out in the yard. I took him out for breakfast again this morning so that we could have some additional one on one time.




Jeff's mom (Momma) is still doing well. We started her on the Topamax for her headaches on Tuesday night. Wednesday she did great--no headache but today she had one. So I don't know. It's only been a couple of days so we will see how it works out for her.




I promised pictures from my trip to Madison and here they are.....



Who would have thought that you could lay on a beach in Madison? I sure didn't but my BFF Kathi found this great beach on Lake Wingra. We spent several hours just enjoying our treasures (aka books) that we had scored that morning from the Half-Price book store. This beach was adjacent to a zoo, so we of course had to check that out as well. I will never forget this huge oragantang!!!!

It was a great weekend--a wonderful Summer Celebration (that's code for Kathi's birthday but don't tell anyone :>) ) We drove up on Friday afternoon, spent Saturday morning at the Farmers Market and the Half Price Book Store and then went to the beach. We went to the zoo and then back to our hotel for some rest and reading and then had a wonderful dinner. Sunday we headed back to reality.

I'm thankful for a wonderful friend who appreciates the same things in life that I do, the ability and freedom to read whatever I choose and the opportunities that each day gives.

No comments: