Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Day for a First

So today, I took Jeff's mom to Bobby's for ice cream as usual. What wasn't usual is that we saw a woman with a blue Macaw and the bird was eating ice cream!!! Of course I didn't have my camera but trust me when I say it was a sight that you don't normally see. The woman was sitting at a table with the bird on her arm. There was music playing and in between bites of ice cream, the bird was bobbing up and down to the beat. It was actually really cool.

My mom went back home today and my dad is going to spend the week with me. Mom said that she needs a break :>) She and dad are both laid off right now and she is not used to having him around 24/7. I'm looking forward to having some one on one time with my dad.

Jeff's mom had a headache again today. I gave her some Tylenol and after a couple of naps she seemed to be doing better. Her right eye is extremely blood shot and I'm not sure why---she said that it hurts and I imagine that it does.

We watched Extreme Home Makeover tonight and the family was that of a blind and disabled 19 year old boy. It was so inspiring to see this boy who sees himself as able, not disabled. Which brings me to what I am grateful for today.....

I am grateful that I have full use of my arms and legs, that I have the ability to see all that God has created and given and that I can function without the aide of others.

No comments: