Thursday, July 10, 2008

Big Momma Update

Today is Thursday, which means that it is a blood work day for Momma. She woke up with a headache so I gave her two Tylenol and sent her back to bed before I left for work. I spoke with Jeff around 12:30 and he said that they were on their way back from the hospital which is my cue to call the doctor's office to let them know to expect the results.

Her platlets are at 40,000, her white blood count is at 17 and her hemoglobin is at 12. The white blood count is still high (normal is 4-10) but hopefully the antibotics will do their thing and it will continue to go back down. She has an appointment with the doctor on Tuesday followed by a transfusion.

Her last transfusion on July 3rd was followed by a stay at the hospital. Her white blood count was in the 20's and she was not feeling good at all. The doctor initially thought that her pre-leukemia condition had developed into leukemia but on Saturday told us that she was wrong and that it was simply pneumonia. She spent the holiday in the hospital and came home on Monday.

We had a nice visit with Luke and Jen last night---they came and had dinner with Momma which meant a lot to her.

I don't have any pictures to post as I didn't take my camera with me on my trips back and forth to the hospital. However, I will have some pictures to post from my girl getaway to Madison, WI.

Today I am thankful for family, the ability to read a good book and the fact that Momma is home.

No comments: