Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hot Tea and Honey

So, once again, I am sick. I have been sick more this winter than I can remember being in a long time. Maybe it's stress, maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the mold in my apartment. Whatever the reason, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Sunday I woke up with a scratchy throat. I didn't feel bad just not much of a voice. Monday(yesterday) the voice was worse, I had a dry cough and my throat hurt. Today almost no voice, sore throat and the ocugh is starting to loosen up. So I am taking Mucinex and drinking hot tea and honey.
I saw my friends Gene and June this past Sunday. It was an off week for chemo and I am praying that whatever I have is not contagious. June is such an inspiration to me. She is diagnosed with cancer, told that her chances of survival are low and she has rebounded from every obstacle. She is facing chemo now, she starts her second treatment this week, and still she is staying strong. She will admit that it's not easy but she is facing it.
I was reminded of a great promise from God today. Lysa Terkurst had a guest on he blog. Her guest referred to this portion of a verse "as you measure out, so you will be measured". I am a nurturer by nature. I give and give because it fills this need in me and it makes me happy. However, I always reach a point where I feel empty and feel used. This verse reminded me that as much as I give, it will be given back. And it has.
There have been SO many blessings....always right on time and when I ready to give up. As I measure out, so I am measured. The giver's gain perspective is really true.
I was blessed again on Sunday. We had a chili cook off after Sunday morning service. There was SO much to choose from!!!! As I was getting ready to leave, a very sweet woman that I barely know tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I would like to take some of her chili home. I don't even really know her and she is offering me food. I willingly accepted and then my friend Cheryl also offered. So now I have a blessing of food in my freezer for those days/nights when I don't feel like cooking or have no money to buy food.
Blessings....every day they surround us if we only take the time to notice.
May you notice your blessing(s) and thank the One who gave them to you.

No comments: