Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Gloomy Gus

That's what I feel like today. I woke up to gray skies once again. The forecast is rain although we have just had heavy drizzle. The alarm clock went off and I just wanted to SLEEP. I tried to squeeze in just a few more minutes but Shadow's food bowl was empty so she was having none of that sleeping business.

I stopped off at the cable office on my way to work to pay my bill. I told the lady behind the counter that this was one bill I had to pay or else my cat wouldn't have anything to watch while I was at work. She started laughing and said she understood, her pets watch more TV than she does. For Shadow, it's not so much the shows but the music channel. She has to have her Classic Country playing :>)

I met with two other ladies from the church last night for our first weight loss group meeting. I walked in prepared to just talk and figure out how we were going to do things. I was still in my work clothes. However, Ms. Lynn was ready to get started. So we put in an exercise DVD and got right to it. Jenn said she had never worked out with someone as stylish as me before--LOL. Here I was in dress slacks, blouse and dress flats doing high kicks and side steps. I lasted for a mile into the two mile workout. We prayed, we read some scripture and we talked about our goals for weight loss. Ms. Lynn is going on a cruise in May and wants to be 30 pounds lighter. Jenn is renewing her wedding vows in October and wants to be at least 50 pounds lighter but her ultimate goal is 100 pounds. Me....well I said December since that's the only "event" on my 2010 calendar. I would like to be at least 30 pounds lighter if not 50. So we are meeting every other Tuesday night to keep each other accountable and help each other reach our goals. I started a food journal today which I HATE. I just want to eat, I don't want to be responsible for what I eat. But I guess that's why I weigh what I do right now. So I am thinking before I eat, do I really want to write this down and have to share it with everyone? I will admit that after the meeting last night, I went home and ate half a package of Saltine crackers with Cheeze Whiz while I watched the Biggest Loser. Not smart, I know. I had eaten dinner at 5:30 but by the time I got home I was munchy hungry. I by passed the Hostess Cupcake but did more damage with crackers and cheese. Shoulda just had the cupcake.
I have done OK so far today but I have yet to eat dinner so we will see how I end up.
Lord I pray for discipline to help me not only on this weight loss journey but in my life as a general rule. Help me finds ways to relieve stress that do not include food and help me find satisfaction on other things besides food.
Blessings

No comments: