Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Diaper Cake



I received a lovely thank you note from Katie Bruza today and realized that I had not posted my creation for her shower. Yes, I made this Diaper Cake. It was really fairly easy and a lot of fun to make. The other samples that I have seen used newborn diapers but I chose to use size 2 as babies seem to outgrown newborn stuff quickly. For about $20, I not only created a cute centerpiece but Katie ended up with 2 Jumbo Packs of diapers, a baby bottle, baby powder and a teddy bear.

Today was a good day. It's amazing how good your days can be when you take the time to refuel your soul and spirit midweek. I wasn't feeling at all well yesterday and contemplated just going home after work. Instead, I went to Bread Company for a cup of soup and then to church. Pastor Rob taught a great bible study and I was blessed afterwards by love and blessings of a friend.

I woke up this morning still not feeling on top of my game but gave it over to God and kept on working. After another bowl of soup for lunch, I was feeling much better. You've heard the saying "God Works in Mysterious Ways"? Well I think God worked through my wild rice and chicken soup---LOL

Tomorrow is Boss' Day, so I am stopping at the Cupcakery for a little sweet goodness. I am thinking a Peanut Butter/Chocolate for Tim and I am not sure yet on what to get Mary (my YMCA boss).

I am grateful today for the fact that I have a job (two in fact), a roof over my head, food in pantry, gas in my vehicle, friends that are like family and family that are like friends.

Blessings

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

The cake is so cute. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.