Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ice Cream....

I saw a shirt this morning that read "Ice cream fixes everything". I find that very true---my philosophy is that you just can't be unhappy or sad when eating ice cream. Somthing about the way it feels in your mouth just makes you smile, even if you don't want to.

My favorite--Peanut Butter and Chocolate, followed by Chip and Mint and Prailines/Caramel. I also came across something called Fat Elvis which is banana flavored ice cream with peanut butter and chocolate---YUMMY!!!

My mother-in-law feels the same way that I do about ice cream--whenever she is having a bad day I can always bring her ice cream and it perks her right up. Speaking of mom-in-law, yesterday was transfusion day. Her platlets were down to a 2 when we took her in but suprizingly we didn't have the normal nosebleed that accompanies such a low number. She was wiped out by the time she got home last night and went to bed fairly early.

My cousin-in-law, Lisa, called us from California last night. Her son, who is 7 or 8 I believe, is fascinated with the weather channel. He told her that we had had a lot of super cells lately and that she needed to call and check on us---isn't that adorable??? Lisa is wonderful to all of us but especially mom-in-law. She is faithful in sending cards to her, which always brighten her day, and in calling occassionally just to say Hi. Those little things mean so much, especially to someone who spends the majority of their time at home.

Three things I am grateful for today----ice cream :>), the thoughtfulness of children, and the sunshine.

I know that most of you may not have a google account to add comments to this blog. However, if you do want to comment you can also email me at jekkaj1@hotmail.com

No comments: