Thursday, June 12, 2008

Celebrating the Little Things

Happy Thursday! Can you believe that we are already into the second week of June? I know that I can't. In my last blog, I stated that I was hoping for a Joyful June. In order to achieve that joy, I am celebrating the little things, the small miracles, the seeds of happiness.

Yes our air conditioner unit did go out but the repair man was able to replace the motor instead of the entire unit. A small thing but a GREAT blessing. I had a manicure/pedicure this past Thursday night. A small indulgence but one that always makes me smile. There is just something happy about manicured feet and toes :>) I had a weekend with no where to be, no obligations, nothing on the calendar. I was able to finally plant flowers in my planters--a small accomplishment for some but HUGE for me. I spent Saturday morning at the Farmers Market with my sister-in-law and two nieces. What a wonderful time and what wonderful produce I scored for only $10! Finally, my mother-in-law had her blood work done today and her platelet number was 115,000. That is a MAJOR accomplishment because we haven't been in triple digits for over a month.

Little things, small miracles, seeds of happiness---they occur in our lives every day if we just take the time to recogonize them. What little things are you grateful for?

1 comment:

lori said...

being grateful for anything, big or little is a wonderful thing. i too cannot believe that it is june already, the year is over halfway over...

your last weekend sounded totally wonderful; the farmer's market, a pedicure and planting~oh to have a nice peaceful weekend like that, that's a blessing!!

good to hear from you {i snagged you over on julie's blog!!| have a good friday and weekend!!