Monday, November 15, 2010

Monkey, Big T, Slap

I didn't drown!!!! Although it was rather comical as I tried to find a swimming suit among my clothes. I had two.....one that has been worn once and one that I wore maybe three years ago. I took them both with me. The new one was WAY too big. The old one fit but it was SO thin and as I would come up out of the water I had to grab the top to keep from flashing everyone around me. So a new suit is on the shopping list once I have money.

The instructor started me out on my stomach using a noodle. We worked on kicking and then added arms. I did OK on that and was soon able to do it without the noodle. We moved to the basic backstroke which is where the title of this blog post comes in. I put the noodle behind me, stretch out on my back and bring me arms in like a monkey, out like a big T and slap my thighs while flutter kicking. This propels me through the water. I did it but this is something I am going to have to work on. It's a trust thing is what the instructor says. The instuctor told me I did a very good job. Lesson 2 is Wednesday.

Today was a VERY long day, Monday's usually are. I was up at 6:30, took my shower, ate breakfast, read a bit of the Bible and did the dishes (they didn't get done last night). I walked into work right at 9AM and the phone was already ringing. It stayed constant all day long one phone call, one client after another. I got off work and went to Wal-Mart to get Shadow food. Thank goodness Mom had given me cash as the checking account is in the negative and payday isn't until Friday. I had enough to get a small bag of food for the baby. Speaking of the baby, here is one of my favorite pictures:

Tomorrow night I am meeting some ladies from church for "game night". I'm really looking forward to it. Hope you have a great Tuesday.

Blessings

No comments: