Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Holidays!

I cannot believe it has been a month since I posted. Time sure does fly. First of all, a happy belated Thanksgiving. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving at my brother and sister-in-law's. I started the day out as Loretta's sous chef helping with the turkey, stuffing, cranberry jelly, cranberry salad and the clean-up that goes along with it. She was referred to the rest of the day as "master chef".

We had a nice Thanksgiving lunch with Tracy, Floyd, Luke, Spring, Big Momma, Loretta, Randy and Sofie. Loretta set a beautiful table, we started the meal with a champagne toast to all that we were thankful for, ate until we were stuffed and then watched some old family videos.

We had two drama's which was not too bad considering all that could have happened. The first was the explosion of the water dispenser. Loretta had planned to serve Spa Water which is water mixed with fresh strawberries, lemons and mint. I cut up the fruit, filled the water dispenser with ice and water and placed it on the table. As soon as I set the dispenser down, the side burst and "fruit fall's" occured. Water, fruit, ice and glass rushed all over the table and the floor. Luckily it was just Loretta and I so we cleaned up and moved on. The second was that Loretta's turkey was not done at 10:30AM like we thought. Loretta had splaycocked the turkey and cooked it in the convection oven for faster cooking. At 10:30AM, the meat thermometer said that it was done. At 12:30 when we were preparing to eat and she cut into it, we found out that it wasn't. Floyd to the rescue with his deep fried turkey!!!

Fred, Christie, Melanie and her kids joined us that afternoon for dessert and karoke. We even had Big Momma singing karoke--"That's Amore!" by Dean Martin. It really was a wonderful day with much to be grateful for.

I woke up at 2:30 the next morning with a slight case of the stomach flu. Luckily I was off work that day. Big Momma and I spent Friday in our jammas, taking naps and being lazy. On Saturday, I had lunch with a college friend that I hadn't seen in over five years. I was able to meet her husband and son and we caught up on what had been going on in our lives and all of our blessings. Yesterday was another lazy day. We woke up to a dusting of snow and VERY cold temps.

Big Momma has had a constant nose bleed since Friday and tomorrow is a transfusion day. It was back to work for me today but thankfully it wasn't too busy. I treated Big Momma to a mashed potato bowl from KFC for dinner and she went to bed early.

Well, the Monday night football game is entering the fourth quarter. So I need to see who wins.

Till later....

No comments: