Tuesday, September 9, 2008

You Have To Read...

"Sarah's Key" by Tatiana DeRosnay. I read a review for this book in my latest edition of Hallmark Magazine and requested it from the library. I picked it up last night at 6PM and I finished it this morning at 10:30(thank goodness I have a laid back boss :>) )

The book is a historical fiction novel about a ten year old girl who was arrested with her family in the 1942 Vel'd'Hiv roundup. I had never heard of this event but apparently it is "the most notorious act of French collaboration with the Nazis".

The girl has a secret that connects her to a modern day family in Paris 2002. The story was very well written and I just couldn't put it down once I started reading it. There were places where I felt like I knew what was going to happen but then the author took it down a different path.

Needless to say I didn't sleep much last night :>) I had had a killer migraine the night before and hadn't gotten much sleep. Once I was home last night, I made dinner and then curled up on my bed to watch the Packers/Vikings game. I fell asleep between 8 and 8:30 and woke up when Jeff arrived home at 10:30. I was awake then so I grabbed the book and started in. I finally put it down at 3AM and brought it to work so that I could finish it. I just had to find out what happened!!!!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!

No comments: