Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday Mayhem

The title fits today. Monday's are always crazier than normal but having the office closed for two days adds to the chaos. The morning started out better than expected but of course it ended with trying to take care of a client and needing to leave for an appointment at the same time. Tim stepped in and finished up with the client as best as he could given the time of day.

Outside my window today: Cold but yesterday's snow started to turn to slush on the sidewalks. By the time I arrived home, the temperature had dropped and the slush was turning to ice.

On the TV: My usual shows are on hiatus so I am watching a recorded episode of Holmes on Homes. The show makes me thankful that I am no longer a home owner and am not renovating/remodeling. It gives me great insight into what SHOULD be done though.

I'm Reading: The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I finished "The Heretic's Daughter" by Kathleen Kent while at mom and dad's for Christmas. I don't recommend that book. It was ink on paper...no emotion behind the words when there could have been SO much. I finished "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" right about a week ago. A great book but not what I had expected. I'm not sure what I expected really. I checked it out because of a review that was written about it in USA today. It's the story of a Chinese American man who grew up during the Pearl Harbor era. There was so much history and emotion in the pages and I'm glad that I read it. I can't imagine growing up in that time as a Chinese (or Japanese for that matter) youth, having to wear a button to let all know that you were Chinese so that you didn't get arrested.

In my kitchen: Dirty dishes--LOL I had Fiesta Lime Chicken from Schwan's for dinner. Tomorrow night will be my "creative night" so hopefully there will be something tasty coming from the kitchen.

I took Shadow to the vet tonight for her booster shots. She is approximately 4 months old. She was SO mad at me afterwards. She curled up in her carrier with her back to me. It wasn't long after we were home though that she was back in my lap. Love that cat!

With the new year and the change in work schedules, my plan is that Monday night will be my house cleaning/errand night. Tuesday will be creative night--baking, scrapbooking,etc--or doing something with friends. Wednesday is church night. Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights will be work at the YMCA. Sunday...well that's church day and the day of rest which means NAP.

I had such a blessed Christmas this year. It was so nice to be with my parents and just relax. No agenda, no place to be, no expecations....just us three. I hope you had as wonderful a holiday.

Until the next time....here is a random picture

No comments: